Today was my field trip. I had a lot of fun. We went to the Meeker house and the Centennial village. Did you know that Mrs. Meeker lived to be 91 years old? That is incredible isn't it?! The Centennial village is not really a village. They moved all the houses there from other places!!! Do you know some of the history between the 2 places I went to? If not, I can share some with you.
I loved the Village. It really showed a lot! It was so amazing that I wish I owned all of the houses.
Now... Where was I... Oh, yeah! Now for the history lesson.
The schools back then were only one room! They had to share 1 cup with the whole school!!! If you were a boy, you would stand up in front of the school and you would get whipped with a whip!!! If you were a female, you would get whipped on the hand!!!
Is that a good enough of a history lesson for you?
Playdough Creations
11 years ago
2 comments:
It sounds like you had a really good time on your field trip and really learned a lot. Could you imagine having to share a drinking cup with your entire school? It makes me grateful to live in the modern world. I think water faucets are disgusting enough, let alone having to share a cup with everyone. And, as a mother, I am glad that the teachers aren't allowed to whip kids anymore. It would make me sad to have your teacher whip your hand. I'm glad you had such a good time today!
I had a really fun time on my field trip too. we went on ours afew months ago. we went to the natural History museum.
Post a Comment